Wednesday, November 28, 2007

We have a MATCH!!!!

Hooray!
We have our official referral and she's a "keeper". Given the nature of Uzbek adoptions, I can not share too many details about her yet. Once she's officially, permanently ours, then I'll be posting pictures and all of the details.

I can say that she's 100% adorable and actually looks amazingly like our sons at the same age. She's a little older than our originally requested age, but that is not deterring us in the slightest. February or March is probably the targeted time frame to bring her home. However, timing is always subject to extreme changes.

When Sean and Matthew first saw her picture, they had only one comment - "that looks like a boy, Mommy." Our little Becky definitely has the orphanage/Marine buzz cut, but with some imagination I can picture pigtails.
Jonathan has been traveling everywhere with his little photo album of Becky pictures. His speech therapist, the "cheese lady" at Walmart and our regular Walmart cashier have all been shown each and every picture by Jonathan.
We are getting more confident that Becky will be our daughter one day, but I still keep throwing some "if's" and "probably's" in there for the boys. I don't want the disappointment to be too great if things fall apart at the last minute.

3 comments:

Tasha Kent said...

A million congrats!!!

What a great holiday cheer the referral brings!

Shoolady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shoolady said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!! I've been watching your blog like a hawk waiting for the news to be posted!!! I must admit, having had the honor of seeing her picture, SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Congratulations, again!!! Can't wait to someday meet her and introduce her to CJ!!!