Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Glass is Half Full Today

Since Jonathan was in Mothers-Day-Out on Tuesday, I decided to do a little shopping on my way home from the dentist. I stopped at Tuesday Morning and purchased several gift items for the folks that we will meet along the way in Uzbekistan. More importantly, I started to plan ahead for the trip. I got a great deal on a raincoat/windbreaker with hood that will be perfect for snowy/rainy weather. Still need to do some more research on what weather to expect, but since I didn't know when I'll be traveling....

My favorite purchase was this little guy! He is just the softest little animal you've ever felt. I'm hoping to leave him with "Becky" between our first and final trip, but I'm not sure what the orphanage policies will be. He's filled with little plastic pellets, so he has a real squishy, cuddly feel to him. I also have it on fairly good authority from a dear friend's 1 year old daughter, that little girls really like ducks!

The best news... we were able to send a hug via another About a Child mom to our potential little referral. We know her name, but can't share it yet. She also has light brown hair and light colored eyes, possibly blue. The wait for a picture of her chubby little cheeks is almost too much!


2 comments:

mel@livvyloowho said...

I am dying to see a picture too. I am praying that the referral works out for you!

GDS said...

"Becky"?
Is that some kind of secret announcement?!?!?!?