Monday, November 5, 2007

Houston... we have a problem

Thankfully it's with our internet connection, not the adoption! With my "personal network manager/computer system architect" on the other side of the planet, I was bound to encounter troubles of a technical nature. My interpretation of our home network and DSL service is that it resembles a delicate house of cards. Saturday, I innocently unplugged and reconnected a power strip. Not a good idea. Long story short as possible... my DSL modem does not want to reconnect to the internet and can't get an IP address. <- Wow, that actually sounded like I knew what I was talking about, HA! I've temporarily got everything working, but I'm about to start disconnecting and troubleshooting again.

If someone needs to get in touch, please call me!!! It could be another day or two until I get this problem completely fixed. Ugh. I want to go back to tin cans with a string between them. I'm just going to need to find some REALLY long string.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

You scared me! I thought you were having adoption problems when I saw your title! Not that computer problems are fun, especially with the expert far away, but better than adoption problems! I hope you are able to figure it all out and don't have to spend a lot of time on it!

Nichole