Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"Becky" - explained

A very careful reader has noted that I used the name "Becky" for our daughter in a previous poast. Each of our children has had a "working name" prior to their birth. "George", "Charlie", "Dewey" (<- for 'do we' want a thir) and finally "Becky". Becky's name comes from her birth home of UzBEKIstan. Ooze and Stan just weren't flattering girls names. Becky's given name and potential adoptive names do not even resemble "Becky" or "Ooze" or "Stan" for that matter.

On a completely different note, I happened to check in to see who has been reading my blog today. Turns out someone from the AquaDots distribution company actually found my blog through a google search. Hmmmmm....

2 comments:

GDS said...

Aha - that sounds like a familiar tactic. I'm still tempted to call a certain rapidly growing boy Archie!

It is interesting to see the hits and what kinds of searches make their way to your blog. I once received a hit from Ask.com from someone who had searched "Where can I get L@!d". My old blog used to be titled "Where can I get me one of these" so I'm it wasn't far off I guess.

But still, yikes!

Tasha Kent said...

too funny. I had someone come to my site after searching sexy Uzbekistan women. I think they were looking for some mail order bride.

I love the way you came up with Becky. Or, you could Hollywoodize it as Becki.